1408 Movie  » Movies  »
  • However it is not Cusack that makes this movie work, it is everything else

• by Walter Dylan

I have seen a lot of scary movies in my life but I have to say that 1408 was very possibly the scariest. There are few movies I can think of, certainly made recently, that have so effectively scared the willies out of me. I was actually somewhat reticent to view the film, primarily because of John

Cusack’s starring role. Not that I necessarily have anything against John Cusack, but I had to wonder about how well he would be able to handle a role like this one. Fortunately he did an excellent job.

However it is not Cusack that makes this movie work, it is everything else. The way the movie is set ...

• up is perfect, and the direction is truly magnificent in slowly but surely increasing the chill factor. In a movie such as this one, where the majority of the horror is taking place solely in a single room over a single night, it can be very difficult to consistently keep up on the scares. The director of
        this movie knew exactly what they were doing, though.

It was so scary, in fact, my girlfriend had to keep the light on just to go to sleep she was so scared, and spent half of the movie ready to jump out of her chair at any moment. If you are looking for a scary movie there are few better.

1408 Movie

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111101277580631/k2311a0111/1.11.08