Onslaught: X-Men  » Books  »
  • Spiderman, Captain America, the Avengers, they were cool too, but the X-Men were the best
  • The Onslaught storyline proper began right here in this special issue of Onslaught
  • Onslaught came at the end of the comics boom of the early 90's, in some ways I think it helped to bring about the end

• by Jeremy Piscopo

Ah, the days of my youth. How I loved in the old days to curl up on the floor with a pile of comic books lying in front of me. If you had asked me then what were my favorite comics, I would immediately tell you the X-Men. After all, who could be cooler than the X-Men? Spiderman, Captain America, the

Avengers, they were cool too, but the X-Men were the best.

I remember very well the first time I saw Onslaught mentioned in a Marvel comic. Right after the Age of Apocalypse storyline, Juggernaut had gotten beaten up very badly. When asked who did it to him, the Juggernaut who was supposed to be practically invincible, he said one word… “Onslaught.” From then ...

• you knew this Onslaught was going to be someone very dangerous.

The Onslaught storyline proper began right here in this special issue of Onslaught: X-Men. I loved it when I was a kid, in fact I loved the entire Onslaught storyline. Looking back on it, however, one just has to think about how much comics have changed in the last ten years, as well

as how much I have changed. Onslaught came at the end of the comics boom of the early 90’s, in some ways I think it helped to bring about the end. However, even with all its problems, there is still some excitement in reading through Onslaught: X-Men, the anticipation of seeing the beginnings of what would be the biggest battle the Marvel Universe would ever see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171101277260531/k2311a0111/1.11.08