If That Ain’t Country by David Allan Coe
  • I'm guessing that it is due to the rough life style he has lived when I found he used to be a biker and spent several years in prison
  • You see what matters to me is that he can sing and I like a lot of his songs because they are about people like me that have not always had such an easy life at times

• by sadonna

David Allan Coe sings the song If That Ain’t Country. It’s an odd song at best that remind me of how people believe in stereo types.

David Allen Coe has always been a good singer but I was shocked the first time I saw a video with him in it.

I would

have never guessed that he looked so rough or has so many tattoo’s on his body.

I’m guessing that it is due to the rough life style he has lived when I found he used to be a biker and spent several years in prison.

That seems to be sort of typical ...

• of the outlaws that sing in country music though, if you know what I mean.

Now days most of the country singers are young clean cut city slicker looking kid.

That profile does not fit when I imagine them singing some of the songs like If That Ain’t Country though.

To me

it does not matter that David Allen Coe was a biker, spent time in prison or anything else.

You see what matters to me is that he can sing and I like a lot of his songs because they are about people like me that have not always had such an easy life at times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141101277030531/k2311a0111/1.11.08