Forty Acres by Red Sovine
  • I can definitely relate to this song when I was learning how to drive a five ton truck and deuce n half for the National Guard
  • I thought I had broken my arm almost when my hand slipped off the wheel when trying to make a tight turn because the truck did not have power steering
  • I consider myself was lucky that I never had a wreck in a big truck

• by sadonna

The song Forty Acres by Red Sovine makes me think of something I would sing. I can definitely relate to this song when I was learning how to drive a five ton truck and deuce n half for the National Guard.

When I first learned how to drive a large truck I hated it.

I was always worried that I was not going

to be able to turn the truck around in the parking lot of our armory.

I thought I had broken my arm almost when my hand slipped off the wheel when trying to make a tight turn because the truck did not have power steering.

The person teaching me to drive did not tell me it would be easier if I ...

• would let it roll forward while trying to turn the truck wheel at first.

They thought it was funny but I did not.

I am a nervous driver anyways so driving big trucks was something I never really wanted to do to begin with.

However when I had to learn I did but I avoided it as much as possible.

Most of the

guys were afraid of riding with me when I drove because they said I scared them.

I never told them that I scared myself as well.

I consider myself was lucky that I never had a wreck in a big truck.

So maybe you see why I feel sorry for anyone driving a big truck and having to make a tight turn in particular.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141101276910531/k2311a0111/1.11.08