Iowa County Historical Society Museum  » Travel  »
2.5
  • My wife and I decided to spend our 5th wedding anniversary in Dodgeville, WI
  • And, while we enjoyed our trip, we did discover that there really isn't much to do down in that part of the state
  • However, it wasn't a very memorable experience
  • The building the museum is housed in was probably the best part of the visit
  • In other words, it's probably not worth your time visiting if you're looking for something interesting to look at

• by Steve

My wife and I decided to spend our 5th wedding anniversary in Dodgeville, WI. And, while we enjoyed our trip, we did discover that there really isn’t much to do down in that part of the state.

That’s part of the reason why we ended up visiting the Iowa County Historical Society Museum. However, it wasn’t a very

memorable experience.

The building the museum is housed in was probably the best part of the visit. It’s absolutely beautiful. We’ve visited other historical societies in the past and have had their ‘museums’ be nothing more than a small room with a few pictures in it. But, this building was great.

The displays they had inside the museum weren’t ...

• anything special though. They had quite a bit of information about the area’s mining history and a few interesting historical artifacts but nothing we haven’t seen 100 times before at other historical societies. Maybe I would have been more interested if I were writing a research paper on the area, but, from a visitor’s perspective, it wasn’t
        anything that would make me want to move there. In fact, even though it was one of the very few things we did outside of our room at the local inn, it was probably the least memorable for us.

In other words, it’s probably not worth your time visiting if you’re looking for something interesting to look at.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381101276620431/k2311a0111/1.11.08