Dodge Point Country Club  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Dodgeville, WI
  • I rarely use steak sauce but I think I went through half a bottle just trying to swallow that
  • And, at least in our one dining experience there, I didn't see anything to make it worth the money

• by Steve

Since it was our wedding anniversary, my wife and I wanted to dine at one fancy restaurant while we were having a romantic weekend in Dodgeville, WI. We opted to go to the Dodge Point Country Club in Mineral Point.

My opinion of the restaurant was it was expensive and I’m not sure if the food was worth the price.

When eating someplace new like that, we

will normally order steak because that’s one of the hardest things to screw up. We each got the 8 ounce tenderloin, the cheapest steak on the menu at $15.95. And, we were seriously disappointed.

As expensive as the meal was, you would think they would have used a good cut of meat. But, it was like eating a steak you found in the back of your ...

• freezer after it had been there a couple of years. They were very dry and tough to chew. I rarely use steak sauce but I think I went through half a bottle just trying to swallow that.

The service wasn’t too bad. At least we saw our waitress, something that doesn’t happen at a lot of the restaurants we’ve dined at. And, I will say the

restaurant had a romantic atmosphere to it. We were somewhat dressed up for the occasion but still felt seriously underdressed in there.

Again, my only real complaint is, if the restaurant is going to charge so much for the food, they should have the quality to match. And, at least in our one dining experience there, I didn’t see anything to make it worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71101276550431/k2311a0111/1.11.08