Country Kitchen Dodgeville WI  » Restaurants  »
0.5
Dodgeville, WI
  • After trying the Country Kitchen in Dodgeville, WI, I think we would have been better off experimenting first
  • And, I really wasn't impressed with the food or the service
  • She didn't even ask if we enjoyed our food or if we needed anything else

• by Steve

Whenever my wife and I travel somewhere for the first time, we always try to eat at familiar restaurants when we first get there; to make sure we get a meal worth our money before we experiment somewhere else.

After trying the Country Kitchen in Dodgeville, WI, I think we would have been better off experimenting first.

We ate at Country Kitchen for breakfast our first morning

there. And, I really wasn’t impressed with the food or the service.

I ordered an omelet and it seemed cold. Not so cold where you couldn’t eat it but cold enough where it tasted like it had been left on the counter for a while. My wife had French toast and made basically the same comments.

We didn�t ask for an exchange. But, that’s only because we ...

• couldn’t find our waitress. She delivered our food and then disappeared the rest of the time we were there. I think I saw her a couple of times on the other side of the restaurant but the only time she came to our table was after we were finished eating; and that was to quickly drop off our bill. She didn’t even ask if we
        enjoyed our food or if we needed anything else.

Needless to say, she didn’t get a tip. And, even though we were in the area for a couple of days, we never ate there again. After such lousy service and low-quality food, I really didn’t want to risk it. I think I would have been better off getting our breakfast from a gas station than there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71101276540431/k2311a0111/1.11.08