Prego Frozen Lasagna
  • I will say I was a bit disappointed about how long the lasagna took to bake

• by Steve

My wife and I were looking for something easy to make for dinner last night and, since we were in the freezer section, eventually decided on Prego Frozen Beef Lasagna.

It was the first time we tried this variety and, after doing so, I was left with a mixed opinion about the lasagna.

First, I will start out by saying the cooking instructions on the

back of the box are some of the most accurate I’ve ever come across. I’ve bought other frozen lasagnas in the past and whenever I’ve cooked them exactly as described, they almost always end up still be frozen in the middle. However, the instructions on the Prego brand are very accurate and the lasagna came out well cooked.

I will say I was a bit ...

• disappointed about how long the lasagna took to bake. It was 70 minutes in the oven, which isn’t unusual. But, I will occassionally take a short cut and cook it in the microwave. And, I was shocked to discover it took almost as long in the microwave as it did in the oven (44 minutes).

Taste wise, the lasagna wasn’t bad; it just wasn’t memorable.

For a product that advertises three cheeses, there really wasn’t any cheese to be found. It was mostly sauce. And, while the sauce itself didn’t taste too bad, it was a bit spicier than I normally would like on a product like this.

My conclusion about the Prego Frozen Lasagna was, while it isn’t bad for a frozen dish, it doesn’t even come close to homemade.

donna says :

where can I find this product in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. It seems none of our stores carry it any more.

John says :

Donna, have you checked Wal-Mart? The Wal-Mart in my area carries this particular brand of Lasagna.

Cim Tupps says :

I bought it at our Walmart once. LOVED it. Went back to buy it….of course, not there….We have searched every time since….they’ve not carried it. What a drag.

Cim Tupps says :

My husband and I bought this product at Walmart. We LOVED it. Best frozen lasagna we have ever tried. However, per, typical Walmart, buy something once and love it. Go back to buy it again and it is not on the shelf. Honestly, how do you EVER expect to get people to buy it if it is not even in the freezer? Where can I buy it in my area? Or how can I order it?
    Thanks

Joanna says :

Hi,

You can always go to your customer service counter at Wal-Mart and ask to them to order the product for you. If they won’t try another grocer in your area. Most grocers are happy to do it.

Ron says :

Where can I buy Prego frozen lasagna in
    Fort Smith, AR area?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271101276220431/k2311a0111/1.11.08