Wintec 2000 All Purpose Saddle  » Sport  »
  • I think that for low level riding and schooling, the Wintec is a great purchase as this saddle retails for only about $650
  • I prefer better made saddles, and I don't mind cleaning leather tack

• by LuckyGrl

I had the opportunity to use and ride in a Wintec 2000 All Purpose saddle for a while. Many people use the synthetic Wintec saddles and those who have the 2000 All Purpose love its comfort and low maintenance.

I tried the Wintec out for about four months, and it is a very comfortable saddle to ride in.

Another huge plus is there is no tack cleaning adn the additional expense of

special leather cleaners, conditioners, oils, etc.

The Wintec 2000 can be hosed off in the yard, if you wanted to clean the saddle in that manner.

I wiped mine down with a soft cloth after each ride, and was amazed how easy it was to clean.

This saddle is 100% waterproof! I only purchase leather saddles, so this was a foreign concept at first.

I hard time believing that I could use ...

• water on this saddle but it is true.

The Wintec 2000 was great for hacking because of the seat’s comfort.

The seat is a fabric that is quite easy to stick to, unlike leather where you are more apt to slide.

The Wintec 2000 also has a changeable gullet system so you can make the saddle fit your horse, whether he is narrow, medium or wide.

I think that for low level

riding and schooling, the Wintec is a great purchase as this saddle retails for only about $650.

However, I would not show in this saddle, and I would not school a higher level horse with it.

I prefer better made saddles, and I don’t mind cleaning leather tack.

If you want comfort and a low price for a saddle that will hold up to wet weather, the Wintec 2000 is for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351101275850331/k2311a0111/1.11.08