Tengo Internet (tengointernet.com)  » Internet  »
2.0
Pompano Beach, FL
  • I like to spend winter time in the warm states, like Florida for ex
  • No problem, let's call to the Tengo support (866)968-3646

• by Snowbird

I’m a Snowbird. I like to spend winter time in the warm states, like Florida for ex. And it’s very important for me to have an internet connection 24/7. Tengo Internet seems to be an ideal solution. You’re paying about 35 USD per month and have an unlimited internet connection. Perfect.

I paid and started to enjoy. The first month it was no problem at

all. Great connection, perfect speed. I paid for another month.

One day the connection was lost. Actually it was connected, but PC couldn’t acquire the IP address. What’s a big deal ? No problem, let’s call to the Tengo support (866)968-3646.

The support made a trouble ticket for me and even escalated it to the next support level. To be short, more calls were made after that from both sides.

Matthew from advanced (!) support (210) 587-7727 called. “We’re taking care about it. Everything will be up soon”, - he promised. Sometimes it even happened to be connected, but on a very-very slow speed, didn’t allow you to browse.

Right now two weeks past. Still no connection. Called them today, made another ticket (the operator didn’t find the previous). Still ...

• Tengo Internet (tengointernet.com)
      a lot of excuses, but no results.

Tengo Internet is a good solution, when it works. But if something is going wrong it could take ages to resolve the matter.

Can I rely on such internet company ? No.

UPDATE : After the three weeks of waiting internet was finally up. Somebody from the support called with apologizes and promised that the free coupon for the down

time (about 20 days) would be sent to my email right away.

A week past since that - no coupon.

Today my 30 days subscription is expired. I called to the support asking where is the coupon. Surpriiiiiiise !!! Nobody even knows what am I talking about. No previous tickets, no any notes, just nothing … Like everything was fine …

Use TengoInternet.com if you have no other options ONLY !!!

Gene says :

Excellent info, I was about to pay for the Tengo, read about the horrible service and decided to go with my slow AT&T cell connection instead. Thanks everyone

John says :

This company offers NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, WHATOSOEVER They’re very helpful in signing you up and taking your money, but after that, YOU’RE ON YOUR OWN TERRIBLE

Snowbird replies :

I wrote this 3,5 years ago and it’s still the same … ?? Unbelievable.
I assume RV parks are promoting Tengo internet and that’s why people are still buying their service.
That’s why it’s important to know independent opinions before buying something. It can save you a lot of money and ,the most important, a lot of nerves.

Loretta Joy says :

Tengo is NOgo
We have Tengo Internet at the RV park we have been staying at for several months, and there are constant problems with it. We may have a day or two with pretty steady online service, and only frequent slow operation, while hearing clicking and clacking sounds (which can signify trouble ), but we always know what is coming shortly. Often the internet is inaccessible for entire evenings and/or all night, no matter how much we work to get back online. Even when it shows a “very good connection”, that doesn’t mean anything while this is going on. Finally loud clacking will begin, and there’s relief in being able to sign in again, but this pattern can repeat fifty times or more with no results. It can be beyond aggravating, wasting many hours per day of this. I constantly lose passwords and completed work due to the frequent interruptions and glitchiness.
And we’re sure not the only ones bothered by Tengonet service, as the manager here told me that her family goes through the same thing with it. Her daughters school online and constantly lose their work, having to contact the teachers in order to redo. The manager said that they have called repeatedly to have the problems fixed, and have been told there’s nothing more that can be done to improve service. She also said that the other RV parks around here hate it just as much

Danny Bartlett says :

I am at Clerbrook RV resort at Clermont, Florida and have signed up for tengo but the system seems to be down second day and others at this park are also complaining about the service. This is the same problem we have had last year. Would you please have this looked after as it is very frustrating. I am lucky enough to be able to receive other free networks but signal is very low. Thanks

Rebecca Lee says :

Hi sorry that you are having trouble anyway, I don’t think that the reviewer can help you with this problem. See, the reviewers aren’t connected to the company we are just other customers. Here is the link to the Tengo Internet Provider”contact us” page. It includes an online inquiry form as well as a toll free 24/7 customer support number. I hope that you are able to get your account fixed.

Greg Nickerson says :

I am in Florida and have just reinstalled my hard drive by The Computer geeks at Best Buy. I have an account with you until the 2nd of April at the Gold coaster in Homestead. My user name is cushion and password is rosies. I tried tonight to get on the internet and I had to come to Macdonalds on US 1 to send this message because I cnnot log on to the internet from the RV part Goldcoaster. what is the problem?

Galega says :

What message you get after entering user ID and password? The problem can be deciphered a solution can be offered only then.

And, please remember to not share your login info on an open platform like ReviewStream. Sharing password is tantamount to inviting intruders.

Galega says :

Eileen says :

NEVER use tengo. I vest in a card. I’ve NEVER had a signal, and a VERY weak one, for more than a few hours even though I’ve paid for a month. I had paid for a day or two on my way to Florida and thought it must have been the area or weather causing a bad signal. I was wrong. It’s just a horrible service. I’m typing this from my AT T iPhone service since my Tengo won’t stay connected.

Lannie says :

Cement Creek Condos have this service, promoted. I needed wifi for a week because my iPad cell data speed was a little in the mountains. I could not believe the .05 mb speed that often times was and still is .01 mb. I called service and had some super tech go thru major explanation about an iPad is too weak to function properly with their system because of low power outputs. I’m right next to their wifi unit so I know not true but went closer to others and same problem.

The reason these people remain in business is because they offer a large percentage of their revenue to anyone that signs them up in their RV park, Motel units etc.

I went back to using my slow AT T cell data internal to my iPhone and also iPad but at least it is not a sham, just bad coverage.

Frustated,

LG

Cheryl says :

Used many different wi-fi providers over the years. Tengo Internet is by far the very worst of the worst. RV Park in Patterson, CA has several wi-fi towers. Browser hangs up on nearly all (if not every) web pages. Stopped at this park last fall — same problem. Manager said just put in new signal towers last week. Tengo Internet remains very, very slow and the poorest wi-fi provider I have had the misfortune to have to use. DUMP IT. Don’t waste your money and watch that you do not waste your time thinking it will get better. Tengo Internet never gets better — even at 2:00 am the service is beyond slow. Dial up is better than this ISP. March, 2013

Jazz says :

I remember when i used TengoWifi, now i feel Luxurious being able to browse the internet for more than 5 minutes without “something” going Wrong

Susan Lind says :

We just spent a week at Blue Mesa Campground in Gunnison CO and the Tengo internet service was aweful.

It took several times for it to connect, then I couldn’t get my emails opened as well as be able to compose any emails. It was worthless.

Snowbird replies :

I can only hope more people will read this before they pay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211101275830331/k2311a0111/1.11.08