Sally Hansen All Over Body Wax
2.5
  • You can also experience a rash afterwards, but just use the finishing oil and it helps
  • I found that the wax has to be heated several times during application as it cools and hardens quickly
  • For a simple, grocery store bought wax removal product, I like this
  • Sally Hansen is a brand I trust and I was not disappointed by the Wax Hair Removal Kit
  • I paid about $9 at my local grocery store

• by LuckyGrl

Sally Hansen’s Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Hair Removal Kit is a good product. I’m not big on waxing, but for a quick job, Sally Hansen makes it easy to remove unwanted hair growth. The Kit comes complete with Brazilian Formula Extra Strength Body Wax, Azulene Finishing Oil, 8 wood spatulas and 20 cloth strips.

The instructions that come with the kit are in both English and Spanish. To

remove hair, just heat up the wax in the microwave for about 35-40 seconds which softens the wax and makes it pliant.

Then dip a spatula into the oil and apply in even strokes to the area where you want to remove hair. Then apply a cloth strip on top of the wax, press and rub for about 20 seconds, and then pull the strip quickly.

The hair removal ...

• is excellent and complete. This is not pain free task, however.

Pulling the cloth strips quickly makes it a bit easier, but there will be initial pain after removing the strip. You can also experience a rash afterwards, but just use the finishing oil and it helps.

I found that the wax has to be heated several times during application as it cools and hardens quickly. That was a

pain to have to run back and forth to the microwave.

The finishing oil was very soothing and the wax does have a super pleasant scent which lingers on your skin. For a simple, grocery store bought wax removal product, I like this.

Sally Hansen is a brand I trust and I was not disappointed by the Wax Hair Removal Kit. I paid about $9 at my local grocery store.

Emily says :

Are you able to reuse this product ?

Galega says :

You should not reuse the product after preparing the wax. Once heated and soften, it should be used only once.

Jan says :

How do I remove the residue left of the All-over Body wax?

Galega says :

You can remove off residue wax easily using following methods:

- Get warm water and soak a cotton cloth. The water should not be quite hot, just little warm. Now place the soaked cloth over wax. Wait for a minute and then remove the cloth. Now, just wipe of the area softly with a dry cloth. It should work fine in majority of cases without irritating the skin.

- Take a cotton ball and soak it into olive oil or baby oil. Now put the cotton over waxed area. Wait for few minutes and wipe the area with cotton. This is another very gentle method to remove wax.

- Apply petroleum jelly at the area. Wait for five minutes and then wipe off the wax with a cotton ball. It will also be quite gentle to get rid of wax.

Gordon Macleay says :

This product is a joke I have used other Sally Hansen products before with no problems. This all over waxing kit is not right. The product is a liquid wax in a tub. It should be hard prior to microwaving, but it has liquid on top. It’s stickier than hell Guess what, it does not come off. Been dealing with this sticky stuff for hours. About to use gasoline to get it off. Seriously, there is something wrong with this product. I do not know how to get this stuff off Thinking of a lawsuit…it’s wrong. DO NOT USE

Smead says :

re : I paid about $9 at my local grocery store
    I disagree with reheating the wax throughout the application process. If the wax warmer was set to remain at a constant state of mid-level heat, you should have no problems. Keep warmer on until done, move quickly once wax is on applicator then applied onto skin. This wax does dry fairly quick. Apply moisturizer specifically used for after waxing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311001275690631/k2311a0110/1.10.08