Showtime Championship Boxing  » Games  »
1.0
  • Try as I might, I could never get this problem corrected

• by Steve

Since I am working to get myself in shape, I try to find video games for my Nintendo Wii that will get me to break a sweat while I’m playing them. So when Showtime Championship Boxing came out, I figured that would be the perfect game.

I was wrong.

The concept behind Showtime

Championship Boxing is a good one. But, the execution is horrible.

The first time I played the game, I realized my movements with the Wii controllers weren’t matching up with my boxer on screen. I would throw a left and he would just stand there. I would throw a right and,

• a few seconds later, he would throw a left. Try as I might, I could never get this problem corrected.

When my fighter did throw the correct punch, it was only after a few second delay. Let’s put it this way, the fighters on Wii Sports, which comes free with the Nintendo

Wii, are much more responsive than on this game, which you have to pay $30 for. I’m seriously thinking about taking this game to Game Stop and trading it in for whatever money they offer me just because Showtime Championship Boxing isn’t worth the headaches I gain trying to play it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281001275450631/k2311a0110/1.10.08