Philips CD 440 phone  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this name brand expecting it to last longer compared to my previous brand of phone

• by Sweety

I happened to buy a Philips CD 440 phone set last month. It has good voice clarity. On speaker phone, however this phone has low volume compared to others brands. Since it does not have a good audible voice, it (speaker phone) does not really serve my purpose.

I wanted this feature when

I talk to my mother/ others with my toddler son.

Blue display is ideal. Really soothing for the eyes. This white colored hands free set is easy to use. Light weight and easy to carry.

One can store 100 names in the phonebook. Simple and easy to use. No complications and user manual is up to ...

• user’s expectations. Phone requires initial charging for about 16 hours. Key pad is really nice.

Phone overall, looks simple with goof features.

Ringtones: Has very good ring tones. Uique ring tones with large number of tones to choose.

Cost: I bought this name brand expecting it to last longer compared to my previous brand of phone.

My not so famous phone costed about 70$ and lasted 2 years while this phone is about 90$.

Offers: As a new year offer, we could choose philips bleneder or pHilips radio clock as free gift costing 30-40. It is a good deal.

Overall, I am a satisfied customer. I am expecting this phone to last long.

Janet Knipp says :

My phone is saying searching and I can`t find my manual. I don`t know how to get them so I can use them, please email me if you know how to get them off of searching . Thank you.

John says :

Press and hold the locator key for three seconds. This will stop the searching and register the phone.

Galega says :

Your phone is not getting network. It is searching network and showing the same status. You should search it manually. Go to Profile and then press on network. You will have two options - automatic and manual. Press manual and it will search for available networks. If there is none, then it can mean there is no voverage at your current location, or SIM not working or even malfunctioning phone.

sweety replies :

Just see if the phone is getting charged and connected to phone line. To see if the phone is getting charged see for the moving lines on top left Just in case you do not know.

AMAR PINJO says :

please email to me manual for philips cd 440 thank you

John says :

You can actually access the manual online. Here’s the link:

Sweety replies :

I am not sure how to e-mail the manual. Why don`t you contact the company customner service and request for a manual?

Elizabeth says :

I`ve this phone for about 1 yr and 4 months, it started to be faulty in terms of line dropping. Anyone have the same problem?

John says :

Elizabeth, this should happen, especially if you within good range of the base. However, there are some interferences that can cause this type of thing to happen. Do you have a WiFi router? If so make sure that the base is not next to it. Also unplug the base and plug it back in. Once it’s plug back in hold the locator key for three seconds to re-register the handset with the base.

Sweety says :

I have no idea about replacing the LCD acreen replacement. Look for Philips customer service and post the question about it. One good site to do that is

eric dean says :

our phone at work is flashing unregistered for some reason and we are unable to use it. How can I remedy this and use this phone again?

John says :

Eric, to register the device, you will need to press and hold the locate key for about 3 seconds. This will then register the handheld.

Tamara says :

hey you know the lcd screen on top how it says philips is their any way to change it??? I couldnt seem to find it in the manuel

John says :

It says searching when it’s out of range of the base. If you’re within range of the base, press the locator button and it will start the registration process to create the signal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16901275230831/k2311a019/1.9.08