PayPal Scam  » Scam  »
0.5
  • Luckily, I have had a experience with Ebay a while ago, where I clicked on one of the links and it turned out to be a scam and ended up with a virus on my computer

• by okiprincess82
      The other day, I recieved an email from whom appeared to be Paypal. It was an official looking email which was in a form of a reciept for a payment. The reciept was for $395.

85 for a Omega Constellation Men’s watch from a seller that goes by OMEGAMOVE. I never made this payment, purchased this watch, or even heard of the watch or

the seller.

This was obviously a scam so I contacted Paypal immediately and gave them the information regarding this “paymet”. Luckily, I have had a experience with Ebay a while ago, where I clicked on one of the links and it turned out to be a scam and ended up with a virus on my computer.

Lucky??? Not really, but at least it taught me to beware of emails that look questionable. I didnt click on any of the links.

If I had, they probably would have full access to my Paypal account, possibly Ebay account and most likely my bank account and credit cards that are linked to Paypal. Paypal has sent me an official email about spoofing and they did a great job at ...

• PayPal Scam
      helping me out.

The only thing I can leave you with is this…Be careful of the emails that you open and the links that you click. This email had a link on the bottom of the page that said that “if you have not authorized this charge, click the link below to cancel and get a full refund”.

I have never seen this

set-up on an actual purchase and payment reciept on Paypal. Be careful! If you recieve one of these emails and you are questionable, contact Paypal and give them the information, and absolutlely do not open any links, this is how they hack into your info.

Paypal will contact you within a few days with instructions and tips on how to safe-gaurd your accounts and information.

PayPal Scam

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60291227521031/k2311a1229/12.29.05