Kadena Family Practice Clinic  » Medicine  »
Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
  • I am still a little sick, but I know that I dont have to worry about getting an appointment, because when I do, my doctor will take care of me

• by okiprincess82
      I recently visited the Family Practice clinic on Kadena Air Base. It started out bad. I started calling at 9 AM to get an appointment, but kept getting hung up on! I was furious.

I was so sick that I couldnt get out of bed and had to use my cell phone to call. I was left on hold forever, only to have to call back again because someone hung up on me.

Then at about 1130 I finally got through and made an appointment for 120 PM. I had to be there 20 minutes prior to my appointment.

I ended up getting there late because I was so sick and couldnt get up. When I arrived,

I checked in and had to wait a few minutes, which was great, since usually you have to wait sometimes 30 minutes after your appointment time.

Then when I got into the exam room, the nurse took my temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate and asked a few questions. Then she left and I had to wait 30 minutes! Finally my doctor comes in.

It was a new doctor, one that I have never seen before. She was very friendly and asked me some more questions about how I felt.

She then explained to me what was going on and why I felt the way that I do. When I usually go into the hospital, I get these ...

• doctors that make me feel like an idiot and that I am faking the whole thing! This docotor actually helped me! She told me that all of the aches and pains where tied together and told me what I needed to do to fix it.

She even took a EKG and gave me an IV to make me feel better. I spent over 2 hours in the hospital and the next day, I felt like a whole new person! She perscribed me several medications and explained to me that since I have Asthma, that I need to always have my inhaler on me, no matter what.

My last doctor told me that I didnt need one unless

I felt sick. This doctor told me that an Asthma attack can come from nowhere and I would not have time to find an inhaler, let alone get to the hospital or pharmacy to get one.

I have always had doctors that never explained my condition or why I felt the way I did. My new doctor actually seemed like she cared and wanted to care for me.

This is how is should be. Althought my appointment didnt start out so great, it ended with a great turnout.

I am still a little sick, but I know that I dont have to worry about getting an appointment, because when I do, my doctor will take care of me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26291227511031/k2311a1229/12.29.05