Greyhound Buss Line  » General services  »
0.5
  • The employees of Greyhound seemed to consider customers to be inmates rather than customers

• by bespoke.imports

I had the misfortune to travel from Virginia to New Mexico on a series of Grey hound buses. They were without exception, crowded, loud and miserable. It was one of the worst travel experiences I’ve ever had and that includes extensive trips in 3rd world countries.

The employees of Greyhound seemed to consider customers to be inmates

rather than customers. I was repeatedly shouted at, misdirected, and cursed at. None of the bus depots had clearly defined boarding procedures and I was generally sent multiple places before finding the correct bus for the next leg of my journey.

Food was limited to vending machines and one stop at a fast food restaurant.

• The bathroom facilities were appalling and the entire journey was a trial of endurance.

My fellow passengers did provide endless hours of entertainment. I was able to listen to stories of prison, adultery, divorce, and larcenies both petty and grand. The miles just flew by as a gathered my belongings ever closer and checked

for my wallet every ten minutes. Needless to say sleeping was out of the question.

To top it all off the last bus of my journey failed to transfer my bag and refused to allow me to do it myself so my luggage was lost for 4 days and I arrived filthy and exhausted without so much as a toothbrush.

Truth Teller says :

Purchased a ticket to travel from NYC to Youngstown OHio. Thought the whole trip would take 10 hours without any transfers. Ha There was a transfer in Newark and then a 11 hour layover in Pittsburgh. The internet site information was completely misleading. Ticket sales persons unhelpful. Complete disaster. Most riders I met have come to expect, delays, misconnections and shody service from Greyhound. They have an effective monopoly so I guess they do not care. At the Youngstown Station a security Guard lines the passengers up, and looks at them as if they are all potential security risks when in fact they are just working people trying to get to their destinations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25901274970831/k2311a019/1.9.08