Natural Horsemanship  » Pets  »
2.5
  • I strongly recommend this style as the horse chooses to work for you rather than being forced
  • This included floating which can often be a big challenge and problem for horse owners

• by Kristen Lollo

I have recently completed all the Natural Horsemanship games with my Clydie Cross. I strongly recommend this style as the horse chooses to work for you rather than being forced.

There are 8 games that you teach on the ground. This may take a varied length of time depending on the horse. Young horses need to be introduced very slowly and only a little bit done each day with the same

game introduced daily until it is fully mastered. Only then can you start a new game. An older horse can be taught very quickly of cause depending on their temprament and your expertise. I was able to introduce two games each day to my clydie Cross and we would revise each game every day.

Once all the games are mastered you have the tools to extend those games and willingly get ...

• your horse to do anything. This included floating which can often be a big challenge and problem for horse owners.

I was unable to take by clydie anywhere because of his refusal to float and there was no way I could force a one tonne animal onto a float. It took me all morning (without food) followed by much repition to get him floating. He now is pointed towards the float

with the lead rope looped around his neck and he walks into the float on his own without me putting myself in the vunerable position in the float. I now have all my difficult to float horses floating beautifully.

There is so much I have been able to achieve with my horses using the natural Horsemanship games. We are working together as a well tuned team and we both enjoying the esperience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29901274700731/k2311a019/1.9.08