Haunted Mansion (2003)  » Movies  »
  • And setting my theological belief aside for the mean time (since I believe based on the Bible that the dead�s ghost does not stay on earth as temporary abode), I also have this question

• by clowdine

Honestly, I just find Nathaniel Parker cute that’s why I finished this movie and wishing I had been Marsha Thomason just to snatch that role. Yes, this is a funny movie but I was wondering why Walt Disney Pictures, or anyone else who has been part of making this movie, let it slip to the theater houses just like this.

The special effects are just fine with me. But like what Eddie Murphy said in his line in the movie, I also got a few questions.

I remember the ghost housemaid asked the question if Sarah

(Thomason) is not at all their dear departed Elizabeth but why does she look evasive of being approached by Sarah Evers for an inquiry in the beginning if she believed all along she had been their �dear departed� Elizabeth?

And setting my theological belief aside for the mean time (since I believe based on the Bible that the dead�s ghost does not stay on earth as temporary abode), I also have this question: Are ghosts supposed to have flesh and bones and working limbs that can pull a person back from totally falling to the hell pit just like ...

• what happened when Master Gracey (Parker) helps Evers to move up from the pit�s mouth without any other support or strong hold but his manly strength?

And by the way, what about the poison Sarah was made to Drink? Gone after Elizabeth possessed her for a few minutes? If she had not drunk it why would she faint twice?

At the end of the movie the servants say that they are all going to heaven, and are totally leaving the haunted mansion for good? Did they forget that one of them committed suicide by hanging himself?

It�s their boss, Master Gracey. What I believe is that every man is to face judgment in the future as stated in the Bible and not every dead man can go straight to heaven or hell after their death without being judged first on that one day God appointed.

If Ramseley had been totally grim about letting even the lovers’ ghost know the truth, why was Elizabeth’s letter kept in a chest like an important document rather than just destroy it.

It’s been a funny movie for kids below 10 with parents who are just more like keeping an eye on their kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11901274600731/k2311a019/1.9.08