Music & Lyrics (movie)  » Movies  »
  • OK, when I saw the previews for the movie Music & Lyrics, I thought to myself �Oh no, not another Hugh Grant movie
  • And, I have to say, I�m impressed with how well he sings
  • I wanted to sing along with all of them and will definitely be buying the sound track
  • This is a movie I definitely recommend seeing

• by Steve

OK, when I saw the previews for the movie Music & Lyrics, I thought to myself �Oh no, not another Hugh Grant movie. I said that because I figured it would be very sappy and have humor that is a bit to subtle to be enjoyable.

After watching it, I have

to admit it was pretty good. At least it was definitely a lot better than I thought it would be.

Hugh Grant actually pulls off the wash-up 80s rock star role brilliantly. Everything from his British accent to his dance moves when he performs on stage are very convincing. And, I ...

• have to say, I�m impressed with how well he sings. I actually thought he was just lip synching at first but found out later that wasn�t the case.

Drew Barrymore is absolutely stunning in this movie. But, I did feel at times that I was watching her in the Wedding Singer

again. Instead of Adam Sandler being a wannabe writer, she’s helping a washed up rocker.

I was also very impressed with the large amount of good songs in this film. I wanted to sing along with all of them and will definitely be buying the sound track.

This is a movie I definitely recommend seeing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11801274220531/k2311a018/1.8.08