HomeLife Academy  » Education  »
Memphis, TN
  • I like being able to choose what I feel my children should be learning because I don't feel that the public schools should be teaching our children certain things about evolution or sex education
  • By home schooling I don�t have that problem

• by sadonna

HomeLife Academy is located in Memphis Tennessee. It is a Christian based umbrella school that gives families the option of home schooling their children legally in Tennessee. The requirements for the kids to graduate through the academy are very similar to the state standards for regular schools in Tennessee.

I first found out about the HomeLife Academy when I attended a

home school support group meeting after moving here from North Carolina. The family that told me about it has seven children and they home school all of them.

One of their primary concerns for finding an umbrella school was that it was Christian based and had reasonable fees. The fee for one child is 50 per year, they charge an additional 20 for each additional child up to a maximum of 100 per family per year.

Grades are reported twice a year through the internet. The family gets to choose the curriculum that they want to as the academy does not mandate what you teach.

They have guidance counselors available to help guide you as to what you need to include for ...

• HomeLife Academy
      your child to meet the graduation requirements though. The staff are helpful and friendly but not overly nosy.

I like being able to choose what I feel my children should be learning because I don’t feel that the public schools should be teaching our children certain things about evolution or sex education. I don�t like the drugs or violence that

kids have to deal with in the public schools either.

That is partially why I choose to home school my children several years ago. In the public schools the kids are passed along with out mastering some of the most basic skills they should be learning.

By home schooling I don�t have that problem. The web site for this academy is www.

homelifeacademy. com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50801274080531/k2311a018/1.8.08