Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone  » Books  »
  • I love how they were so young andsmall in the Philosopher's stone and yet adventurous as well

• by chad

The Very First installment in the Harry Potter book series is the Harry Potter: Philosopher’s stone. I have to admit that when this first book came out, i was one of those few people who very pessimistic about it. I doubted whether the book will be popular to the general public as well as to the kids also.

When it came out though

and tales of how thousands of people line-up to get their own copies i then jumped on the bandwagon and bough one myself. Back then i was still probably around 20 years old and a couple of nephews as a reason to buy one. Needless to say, i read first the book before giving it to my nephews and was really surprised ...

• with the captivation that i had with the book. I read it for 12 hours straight without ever putting it down. And initially i was gonna read it for at least a couple of days i was able to finish it in half a day which for me is an achievement in reading.

I really loved the book and the way it

was written. Right from the get go i was gripped by the series. I love how they were so young andsmall in the Philosopher’s stone and yet adventurous as well. It set the whole theme of the whole series indeed. So i would rank it a perfect ten. It is a nice holiday gift to a niece or a nephew as well.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17801273850531/k2311a018/1.8.08