Scoopable Cat Litter  » Pets  »
  • Fortunately, they all agree that Special Kitty - Wal-Mart's store brand - scoopable litter is just fine
  • It's easy to scoop up and toss in the grocery bag, so I'm happy
  • The only real problem with Wal-Mart's litter is the fact that it's a bit dustier than other brands

• by Sarah81

In my house, scoopable litter is the only way to go as far as the fur babies are concerned. They hate the cheap, clay flakes - so much, in fact, that they will intentionally kick as much of it out of the box as possible, then do their thing on the resulting pile. If the litter doesn’t clump up when the cats use it, they aren’t having it.

Fortunately, they all agree that Special Kitty - Wal-Mart’s store brand - scoopable litter is just fine. This litter is affordable, always in stock at my local Wally World, and easy to use. And because all of the kitties like the stuff, I’m more than happy to keep buying this brand as long as it’s available and doesn’t change too much in the future.

The litter comes in a large, plastic container

with a wide opening. This makes pouring easy, which is always a plus considering that my fur balls don’t like to wait for fresh litter. Even when I clean the box three times a day and change the litter as often as possible, they still flock to the box the moment I unscrew the litter container’s cap. If I didn’t know any better, I would think that the kitties are volunteering themselves as quality-control inspectors.

Wal-Mart’s litter does not include crystals or other added elements. Instead, I get straight cat littler in granulated form. If I want the odor-reducing crystals, I can buy them separately and mix them in with the litter. But why? They would just clump with the kitty “mess” and be scooped out with the rest of the litter. The box usually smells fine, especially when ...

• I’m able to clean it at least twice a day.

As expected, the litter clumps whenever it becomes moist. What’s nice about the scoopable litter is the fact that it’s so easy to clean up. Instead of sifting and turning (like I do with the clay flakes) to deal with cat urine, I just scoop up the clumps and dump them into a used shopping bag (plastic). None of the kitty pee is left behind to stink up the hallway or annoy the kitties, who hate a dirty box just as much as I hate a dirty toilet.

Solid waste is also easy to clean up. It’s easy to scoop up and toss in the grocery bag, so I’m happy. Most of the odor goes with the clump, too.

The only real problem with Wal-Mart’s litter is the fact that it’s

a bit dustier than other brands. My cats don’t mind this, though, so it’s worth the saved money as long as they’ll use this stuff. I would change my mind in an instant, though, if this litter became any dustier than it is right now. I wouldn’t want to get a bunch of dust up my nose every time I went to the restroom, so I won’t inflict that on my fur balls. As of right now, there isn’t nearly enough dust to cause any problems.

Overall, I’m surprisingly satisfied with this Wal-Mart product. I’m usually not happy with anything in this store’s line of pet-related products, but I have to be fair and give this litter an honest review. Just because Wally World messes up most of the other pet stuff doesn’t mean that they’ve messed up this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29801273730531/k2311a018/1.8.08