A Christmas Story  » Movies  »
  • When I first saw A Christmas Story a few years ago, I thought it was a great film
  • If you've never seen it, I would highly recommend this film because it'll likely remind you of your average childhood Christmas more than most of the movies out there will

• by Steve

When I first saw A Christmas Story a few years ago, I thought it was a great film. Now, after every television station has managed to show it at least a dozen times, I’m a bit burned out on it.

Overall,

this is a unique holiday film in the sense it doesn’t fall into the same old clich’s about Christmas miracles and such. The parents in the movie are far from perfect and the father seems a bit mean at times.

• Santa Claus isn’t jolly; in fact he seems to hate children. And, the holiday dinner ends up being at a Chinese restaurant where the waiters make every effort to sing Christmas carols.

If you’ve never seen it, I would highly recommend

this film because it’ll likely remind you of your average childhood Christmas more than most of the movies out there will. But, I seriously caution you about watching this movie more than one or two times otherwise, it’ll lose its luster very quickly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11801273460431/k2311a018/1.8.08