Charlie- White perfume: A Cleaner Charlie  » Perfume  »
  • But even lamer I thought was the actual smell of Charlie
  • I believe that Revlon (who manufactures Charlie) wanted to capture a certain demographic
  • I know this sounds incredibly cheap--and it is

• by Famous

You know what? I used to hate those Charlie perfume commercials that used to come on in the 80s. I thought they were so lame.

But even lamer I thought was the actual smell of Charlie.

The fragrance, even when it was “popular” was kind of brash and outdated.

I believe that Revlon (who manufactures Charlie)

wanted to capture a certain demographic.

The “working woman” is who was typically targeted.

As a result, the aroma tended to smell abrasive–as if women were saying: “We work too! And darnit-we wanted to be accounted for!” In the excitement of realizing that working women too, wanted to smell good, perfume creators went a tad overboard…that is until ...

• Charlie White was released.

This fragrance is so clean and feminine that you won’t even remember the other [original] aroma.

A tiny bottle of this stuff will only set you back about $3 at the drugstore.

I know this sounds incredibly cheap–and it is.

But the price is not indicative of the quality in this case.

The spray is light, and doesn’t make your clothes, hair, or skin smell like “medicine” after the initial aroma has evaporated.

In fact, the smell that lingers is very pleasant to the nose.

In any event, if you are in a pinch, don’t have access to your favorite fragrance, and need something to get you “through the evening”–try Charlie White.

PRIYA says :

please can you assist me in finding a supplier in south africa durban that still sells charlie white. i love love love the aroma and cannot get it anywhere. none of the stores stock it anymore, and it was one perfume that complimented me. i hope you will be able to assist me in finding my favourite perfume thank you

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 56801273340431/k2311a018/1.8.08