Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  » Movies  »
  • I know at my age it would sound ridiculous but I really like this movie
  • To solve that problem, he organized a search for that lucky individual whom he will entrust the factory and the Oompa Loompas later

• by clowdine

I know at my age it would sound ridiculous but I really like this movie. I wanted to believe even just for two hours that I could go to a place like this. Where in I could walk around both indoor and outdoor and all I can see are chocolates and other sweets that I can just grab and have a taste anytime.

This is one of the rare movies that I wanted to see when I was a kid that I did not know I still like up to now. I love how the set was designed. I did not realize Johnny Depp could still do the trick like transforming from a serious actor

(as what he has been in the following films : Secret Window - 2004, From Hell - 2001, and Finding NeverLand - 2004 among others) into becoming a wacky, clown - like but somehow bitter deep inside multibillioner owner of the biggest chocolate factory in the world. Honestly, I would have not recognized Johnny Depp if his name had not been mentioned in the trailer because I’ve never seen him do this kind of movie in a long time after Edward Scissorhands.

What a child-like viewer like myself may appreciate in this movie, first of all, is the colorful and mouth watering arrays of candies and chocolates and the fairy tale like story of a boy named Charlie ...

• Bucket (Freddie Highmore) who comes from a poor and extended family mostly composed of elderly people. He has pure heart and all he wants to do is to help his family to overcome their poverty.

While he worries about his family, the owner of the world’s biggest chocolate factory named Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp) also worries about how the factory will be run when he retires. To solve that problem, he organized a search for that lucky individual whom he will entrust the factory and the Oompa Loompas later. By putting a golden ticket to 5 of the selected Wonka Chocolate Bars. Charlie, by his luck, gets hold of one of the golden tickets

when he buys another after the first purchase turns unsuccessful. Charlie gets a chance to have a tour inside the factory together with his grandfather and four other children and their parents. Before the tour ends, Charlie manages to stay with Willy Wonka in the trip while the 4 others brought themselves down because of their attitude problems. As a result, Willy Wonka made Charlie the next person to run the factory.

I don’t know but while watching the movie, I seemed enchanted. I even thought what’s inside the factory is something I have never seen before and the details of the set is even better than the scenery captured in any movie featuring Neverland.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11801273290431/k2311a018/1.8.08