Harrah’s Casino Chester PA  » Casino  »
Chester, PA
  • The Casino itself is very nicely lit with decorative and attractive colored lights that advertise red 7's and cherries and they offer Valet as well as a convenient mulit-level self-park garage that connect to various levels of the casino
  • When entering the Casino floor, I was slightly disappointed with the size since the Atlantic City casinos offer a much more elegant and spacious setting
  • Despite the few downsides, I must admit I enjoy myself every time I go

• by Walter M Stewart

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

Approaching its one-year anniversary, Harrah’s Casino deserves mention for being one of the few bright spots in the city of Chester. Located on an industrial highway not to far from a prison, the ride toward the casino doesn’t offer the same appeal or anticipation of the Atlantic City Expressway’s ending stretch.

The Casino itself is very nicely lit with decorative and attractive colored lights that advertise red 7’s and cherries and they offer Valet as well as a convenient mulit-level self-park garage that connect to various levels of the casino. The first floor is a betting hall for the horse races, and the fourth floor is the casino. I’ve had no reason to visit the others and am unsure what their purpose is.

When entering the Casino floor, I was slightly disappointed with the size since the Atlantic City casinos offer a much more elegant and spacious setting; however, due to state laws Harrah’s Casino only offers slots

(including video poker and roulette), thus the overall slot availability might be the same between AC and Harrah’s.

Registering for membership was less of a hassle here than anywhere I’ve previously visited; however there is a strange security check-in booth that seems unneeded.

The slots are mostly grouped by denomination, although it can get a bit confusing where sections end and begin. I was very disappointed in the lack of interactive slots, like Wheel of Fortune, over the different denominations. Some machines have only one of two of each denomination, which on a busy day means a late comer has very little chance of finding a machine they like. Frustration from the lack of desirable machines often results in unsatisfied customers who blame their losses on such events. Penny slots seems to be the most abundant at Harrah�s, and they are usually the most crowded as well. The Pennies offer a wider selection of play choices than any ...

• other denomination; however, all penny slots are computer based, which might be a turn-off for some people.

A very bright spot is the availability of self-serve drink stations, offering a selection of soft-drinks that all seem to be maintained and kept nice. The Mountain Dew was exquisite, and all of the other selections seemed to work properly as well. Despite the self-serve stations, there are enough waitresses to provide full service for those too engrossed to move. That combination is something I had not seen in other Casinos, and it is very appreciated. There is also a miniature sports-bar located directly in the middle of the Casino.

There are quite a few options for food at Harrah’s, two of which I’ve tried. There is Temptations Buffet in the back of the Casino that would be decent if it wasn’t for its hefty price, or its location in a Casino. While the food at the buffet is average,

I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about the dessert buffet included with the price. There is a sports bar located just inside the Casino on the right that offers a nice selection food and drink at VERY good prices. The appetizer portions could have costs 3 dollars more and been worth it.

Most of my time at Harrah’s is spent looking for a machine I want to play, and that detracts from my overall enjoyment. Despite the few downsides, I must admit I enjoy myself every time I go. It might not be as good as an Atlantic City Casino, but I couldn’t ask for a better location. For anyone who lives within 20-30 minutes of the Philadelphia International Airport, you can get to Harrah’s in Chester and back before you make it to the final toll on the long journey to Atlantic City.

muthu says :

what chemicals are used in sugar free substitute? how is affects human body?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 48801273080431/k2311a018/1.8.08