T-Mobile Wing Cell Phone  » Phones  »
  • I will start out by telling all of the capabilities of it and what I like about it
  • I love having the keyboard, I just wish the buttons had a little bit of space between them, more like the Sidekick 3
  • When I bought my phone at the T-Mobile store I was given a free Bluetooth headset

• by Dana Lynn P.

I have owned my T-Mobile Wing cell phone since October of 2007. For the most part I have been very pleased with it.

I will start out by telling all of the capabilities of it and what I like about it.

The Wing has a QWERTY keyboard that slides out. I love having the keyboard, I just wish the buttons had a little bit of space between them, more like the Sidekick 3.

It also has a touch screen, that has a keyboard on it as well that you can use your stylus with. The touchscreen is great, but make sure you lock it every time. The slightest bump or touch to it will start opening things or

calling people.

It has web browsing, I use this function a lot. You have to sign up for the data plan for this to work. Though, if you plan on owning a Smartphone and want to use it to its full potential you will always have to add a plan to your existing “regular” phone bill. The web browsing can be slow sometimes, but usually with a good signal it is not bad at all. If you are in a place with wi-fi access, you will pick that up and can browse at full broadband speed.

Windows Mobile and Media player are also installed on this phone. You can set up your email accounts to send ...

• directly to your phone as well. I currently have 3 aol accounts and 2 gmail accounts sent to mine. The phone won’t always load the pictures though. I have found this to be particularly true with MySpace, though MySpace now has a mobile version as well.

You can take pictures with the 2 megapixel camera, or take short videos with the video camera mode. I added a micro SD memory card to mine to store all my video and pictures.

When I bought my phone at the T-Mobile store I was given a free Bluetooth headset. I am not sure if that is the deal everywhere, but the phone is equipped with Bluetooth.

Instant messaging can be

done with Yahoo, AOL and ICQ. I find that my aol messenger likes to shut itself off randomly sometimes. I haven’t used the other two so I can’t comment on those.

The paperwork for the Wing states that the battery talk time is 4 hours and the stand by time is up to 6 days. There is no way. My battery doesn’t even last a day and a half. I have heard that you can buy a better battery for it, but I haven’t looked into it yet.

The price for the phone is around $299 with discounts, rebates and a contract.

The phone has its quirks, but overall I am pretty happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37801273060331/k2311a018/1.8.08