Denny’s Restaurant Orange CA  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Orange, California at the corner of Lincoln and Tustin
  • My experience with Denny's in the past has always been good
  • I was a little disappointed when they dropped the Extreme Grand Slam, but I moved on and found other breakfast choices
  • Unfortunately this particular Denny's I visited in this review was not parallel with my experiences at other Denny's
  • I found a great spot right next to the front of the restaurant
  • A plus is that it looked delicious (and it was

• by Eric Armendariz

When one thinks of high class restaurants, he doesn’t usually put Denny’s at the top of his list. However, Denny’s was never meant to be a high class, fancy restaurant. Denny’s is a more family-oriented restaurant, with relatively cheap prices for decent food. I took that into consideration while writing this review.

My experience with Denny’s in the past has always been good. I was a little disappointed when they dropped the Extreme Grand Slam, but I moved on and found other breakfast choices. Unfortunately this particular Denny’s I visited in this review was not parallel with my experiences at other Denny’s.

I’ll admit that the parking was great. I found a great spot right next to the front of the restaurant.

Upon entering, we

(I was with my father at the time) were greeted graciously by a hostess who sat us down in a nice booth. No problems so far. The restaurant was clean enough and nothing looked out of the ordinary. The hostess told us that our waiter would be with us in a minute. So we waited.

And waited…

and waited…

We waited about fifteen minutes for SOMEONE to serve us, but no one would. We saw about three employees standing around doing nothing, but apparently serving the customer was not part of their job description.

Eventually my father had to ask someone to come wait on us because we were ready to order. It turned out he had asked another hostess who started us out ...

• with our drinks, but not our meal orders (apparently, at Denny’s, they don’t have their hosts learn the menu, so they are unable to take orders from customers).

The hostess told us that our waitress would be with us shortly, so again we played the waiting game. At least this time we had something to drink.

Finally, after another five minutes of waiting, our waitress came and took our orders.

I was hungry for some meat so I ordered the Philly Melt, and my father ordered one of their famous Breakfast Slams.

Happy to have finally been served, we both patiently waited for our food. Then we waited some more, and after that, we waited a little bit more.

Alas! Our food arrived. A plus is that it

looked delicious (and it was!). My only gripe about the food was that the fries that came with my order were in short supply. They could have easily put three handfuls more on my plate.

We finished eating, left a tip, and payed for our meal. It turned out that the fastest service we received during our Denny’s visit was out payment transaction at the cash register.

If I had to give a break down of how the meal went it would look something like this.

Restaurant Cleanliness: 8/10

Menu Choices: 7/10 (No Caesar Salad!)

Service: 2/10

Food: 9/10

Parking: 10/10!

If it weren’t for the parking and the good tasting food, I would have given that Denny’s a 2/10, but my rating stand now at 5/10.

My advice… don’t go to that Denny’s.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7801272890331/k2311a018/1.8.08