Happy Feet movie  » Movies  »
  • Mind you, I like children's fare, but this one just didn't have the appeal for me
  • I highly recommend this as a familt film, but most of my couple friends and singles enjoyed this film

• by faync

As a father with three children, ages 9 down to 3, I went into this film with some trepidation. Mind you, I like children’s fare, but this one just didn’t have the appeal for me.

Boy, was I wrong.

The tap-dancing penguin in the movie is just adorable. As much as

I probably would not liked it, I ended up loving it.

As did all of my kids. Like many newer CGI movies, the animation is terrific, the story is good, and the humor is there for both young and old.

The voice work is spot on. Elijah Wood from “Lord of the ...

• Rings: is the lead. Mumbles the penguin. Robin Williams is used particularly well for comedic effect.

This was a multiple award winner and rightfully so.

I highly recommend this as a familt film, but most of my couple friends and singles enjoyed this film.

The plot is fairly simple and follows similar outcast

themes presented in other animated films like “Lion King,” “Charlotte’s Web,” or even “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”

I only dock it for the ending which hammers home the movie’s environmentl message. I don’t mind a message in a film, but this was a bit preachy at the end.

Otherwise, a keeper!

Happy Feet movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11401271700731/k2311a014/1.4.08