Crysis by Crytek
  • This is interesting as you'll have more alternatives to approach some place and you can plan your attack in numerous means
  • For me, I prefer to be a mercenary and battle with bad guys face-to-face, I don't know which way do you prefer but this game allow you to choose the way you want it
  • You'll experience multitude of different environment such as beaches, deep jungle, snow mountains and even in the alien spaceship
  • I notice that the crab looks like a real one when I stumble upon them at the beach, so realistic that I shoot them to death to see whether its alive or not, HAHA
  • The storyline is amazing and I didn't find any reason why this game is bad

• by Joe

Crysis is another game created by Crytek, and the game is a successor of the once rated 4 out of 5 by x-play games; Farcry. This game is similar to Farcry, huge maps and freely explorable, beautiful beach and realistic jungle.

Well, lets talk about the map first. The map is non-linear which mean you can go to your destination in different ways, such as taking a boat, walking or even walking. This is interesting as you’ll have more alternatives to approach some place and you can plan your attack in numerous means. For example, if you’re infiltrating an enemy camp, you can either sneak in as an assassin or you just can walk through the front gate as a mercenary. For me, I prefer to be a mercenary and battle with bad guys face-to-face, I don’t know which way do you prefer but this game allow you to choose the way you

want it!! Thats why this game is fun.

Aside from that, the graphic is also the coolest I’ve ever seen, realistic trees and leaves, superb texture of grounds and jungle floors, splendid view of the beaches. Its a bit unique cause you’re battling with lots of soldiers and aliens like you’re in hell, but the environment around you is like a paradise. You’ll experience multitude of different environment such as beaches, deep jungle, snow mountains and even in the alien spaceship! Once you play this game, you’ll notice that the graphic is detailed even to the tiniest bit. I notice that the crab looks like a real one when I stumble upon them at the beach, so realistic that I shoot them to death to see whether its alive or not, HAHA!

Now, lets move on to physic. In Crysis, EVERYTHING is destroyable! This is the greatest feature of the game. For example, I was ...

• under attack by a chopper and he was chasing me like a dog. So, I ran to the nearest house and try to hide from him. What happen was the chopper shoot the roof open, and bam!! Kill me with no mercy. I thought I was safe at first, but then I chuckled alone seeing how stupid I was. But one bug that I found was that, when I kill a guy and try to send his body flying with my shotgun, but then when I shoot him, the bullet went through him. So, this mean that there are no ragdoll effect for dead bodies!! This can be so frustrating for gamers who like to toy with dead bodies…

Another cool feature of this game is the mode that you can choose for your suit. There are 4 mode which is strength, speed, cloak and armor. Strength mode is the coolest, I use this

one to defeat a tank!! With strength mode, you can turn a car upside down simply by hitting it with your fist! And this mode also allow you to jump higher. Other mode are good too but I rarely use them. Speed is useful when you’re fleeing and you can also use them to chase car! Cloak is useful for sneaking and you can also use it to approach enemy silently and choke them to death. Armor is an automatically switched on mode when you’re not using others, it acts as a vest so that you can endure more hits from bullets.

The storyline is amazing and I didn’t find any reason why this game is bad. For me, this game is a must buy for all FPS die hard fan and you’ll notice that this game is a pioneer towards next generation of FPS games. Try it, and you’ll not regret trying it!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28301271690431/k2311a013/1.3.08