Amtrak  » Railway  »
  • There was a delay due to a bridge problem before we hit the city
  • I would most definately recommend riding the train to go just about anywhere in the continental USA

• by MB

I LOVED the train. I was going to NYC for two days and decided that I did not want to drive or fly so I tried the train. How easy and relaxing it was to do.

There is no hassle to board the train. There is no arriving 2 hours before departing because you can carry your bag right onto the train car.

They did have

police on the platform with the dogs that sniff the bags, so there was security there and some precaution for safety. There are no assigned seats, so you can just pick a seat and relax.

The seats are huge compared to plane seats. The train provides outlets so you can plug in your music, computer, etc.

You can also bring food onto the train if you want or ...

• you can visit the dining car. There is a bathroom at both ends of the train car.

Amtrak provides pillows also to make your trip more comfortable. My trip was supposed to last just under 6 hours.

There was a delay due to a bridge problem before we hit the city. Which in no way was Amtrak’s fault.

I arrived in Penn Station and it

was a little confusing when we tried to walk around to find our way out. But the employees in the station were very helpful in telling us where we needed to be.

I would most definately recommend riding the train to go just about anywhere in the continental USA. It is comfortable, relaxing and little to no stress to get there get on board and reach your destination.

Amtrak

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 44201271330431/k2311a012/1.2.08