Surf’s Up  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I found the movie odd and poorly scripted,but then again,only my taste,not yours
  • Still you have reached a site where personal opinions count the most,so I will say it again just for the sake of it,I think it was horrible

• by Nicholas

It seems there is a penguin frenzy going on at Hollywood lately. Another animated movie was released ,all about penguins. In this one the story is about,check this dudes and chicks:surf.

Far out.

The main character is a young penguin with a stupid (may I say stupid?) hair due from Antarctica who,unlike his family and friends,likes to surf ,on an ice board,ice being the only material in Antarctica you guessed.

He has a medallion given to

him given to him by a penguin surfer role model who came in a tour long ago from a hot point surf island. This is his hero.

When another tour comes by,taking surfers from around the world,he manages somehow to get to that surf island for the annual surf contest / cup . He learns that his hero died in a previous contest and this one is dedicated in his memory.

He finds friends,some strange ...

• ones,even a girl he likes,and tries to get ready for the contest,because he will have a mean,big,muscled contender to face with,and he’s out to get him since he came on the island. Many things are revealed on the island,more you’ll see by watching the movie,no spoofs from me.

I found the movie odd and poorly scripted,but then again,only my taste,not yours. Still you have reached a site where personal opinions count the most,so I

will say it again just for the sake of it,I think it was horrible.

I am sure the kids will love as usual,I’m not sure why but these days anything with snappy lines and lively colored animations dazzle the young generation. Should I be worried about Hollywood or the children?Or both?I hardly am,I can choose what I watch.

How do I also end up watching these silly movies?Don’t ask.

Have fun watching,if you can and willing.

Surf's Up

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201271290431/k2311a012/1.2.08