VISTA OS  » Software  »
1.0
  • I bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate (the most expensive one) in March 2007
  • Another really annoying issue for me, is how slow Vista is to start Windows, and even worse is how slow it shuts down
  • How do I feel about my experience with Vista

• by Marie Baker

If you haven’t tried Microsoft Windows’ new operating system, Vista, you don’t know how lucky you are. I bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate (the most expensive one) in March 2007. It’s been months of trying to figure this ridiculous operating system out.

Microsoft changed the names of everything, not only in the

operating system, but also in the applications and programs. Nothing is where it used to be. Trying to find simple basic system tools is a time consuming nightmare. Even when I need to use tools that I have already found and used, I can’t remember where they where the last time I used them.

• Vista just doesn’t make enough sense to me so that I can grasp the schematics. I was very proficient at Windows the way it was before. Improvements is one thing, but I am clueless as to why they decided on this total renovation.

Another really annoying issue for me, is how slow Vista is to

start Windows, and even worse is how slow it shuts down. I have the 64bit version, and paid over $2k for this machine. It also shuts down on its own right at the worst times, making me lose projects I was working on.

How do I feel about my experience with Vista? I hate the thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30201271130431/k2311a012/1.2.08