Medea’s Family Reunion  » Movies  »
NA
  • In Tyler Perry's Medea's Family Reunion, the main character (Lisa played by Rochelle Aytes) was being forced into a marriage to Carlos (played by the gracefully aging Blair Underwood who I can still remember from his LA Law stint)

• by BIRD

Should I be annoyed? I really don’t know. Why do we as women allow our decisions, especially when it comes to love and marriage to be clouded by perception? The perception of friends, relatives and society, as to what is ideal and what is ‘necessary’?

In Tyler Perry’s Medea’s Family Reunion, the main character (Lisa played by Rochelle Aytes) was being forced into a marriage to Carlos (played

by the gracefully aging Blair Underwood who I can still remember from his LA Law stint).

Now get this, she was being forced by her mother, who was just greedy and was looking for her daughter to ‘take care of her’ as she was getting older and needed to maintain her lifestyle. I’m still trying to figure out at what point she thought living ...

• with a wealthy man who beats the crap out of you was ideal for her daughter. Oh, did I mention her second daughter was forced to sleep with her (the mother) previous husband? This woman is crazy I tell you.

I could go on about other parts of the movie which have left me thinking, but this is what scares me the fact that what Tyler has

managed to capture in this movie is soooooooo true to life for so many young (and not so young..lol) women all over the world. Maybe not the exact circumstance, but nonetheless similar.

My dream for us as women can be summed in one word.liberation. Liberation from our past, liberation from our fears of the future, and liberation from the non-progressive elements in our lives too myopic to see past the present.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201271030431/k2311a012/1.2.08