Horsemanship by Waldemar Seunig  » Books  »
  • I found this treasure on classic riding by lucky chance and have never let the book out of my sight
  • If you're a horse enthusiast like me, you will recognize the best riders of this period
  • I think that Horsemanship would be worth a read (if you can find it) just for the historic value

• by LuckyGrl

Horsemanship by Waldemar Seunig was originally published in 1956. I found this treasure on classic riding by lucky chance and have never let the book out of my sight.

This is a comprehensive look at English riding beginning with the origin, history and then practical application of taking

a horse from yearling to schoolmaster.

The photographs are abundant throughout Horsemanship and show everything from Lippizans at the infamous Spanish Riding School to dressage and hunter/jumpers.

If you’re a horse enthusiast like me, you will recognize the best riders of this period: William Steinkraus, David Kelly and Jessica Newberry, to name a few.

Horsemanship goes into great depth about horse management as well as ground work and then on to exercises and training while mounted.

The main focus is dressage and movements from training to haute ecole.

Horse behavior and psychology is also spread throughout ...

• Horsemanship by Waldemar Seunig
      Horsemanship and I find that very helpful.

I don’t know if Horsemanship is in print anymore; I’ve tried to locate it but only old copies (such as mine) exist.

I have hundreds of publications related to equestrian activities, and none come close to matching the depth and breadth

of Horsemanship.

I refer to it constantly and find the text to be timeless.

I think that Horsemanship would be worth a read (if you can find it) just for the historic value.

There are few today who ride as well as the masters of this time period.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17201270910431/k2311a012/1.2.08