Caltrate Calcium Supplement
  • I like that not only do I get a day's supply of calcium, but also minerals and other vitamins, too
  • Caltrate is expensive, but I believe that my health is worth it

• by LuckyGrl

Caltrate is a calcium supplement made by Wyeth, one of the major drug manufacturers in the United States. All women need to be aware of their bone and joint health, and I am no exception. I have taken other calcium supplements but really like Caltrate.

Caltrate contains 600 mg of calcium and 400 iu of Vitamin D. Calcium and Vitamin D must be taken together or the calcium

will not be absorbed properly.

Caltrate also has 50 mg of Magnesium, 7. 5 mg Zinc, 1 mg Copper, 1.

8 mg Manganese and 250 mcg Boron. I like that not only do I get a day’s supply of calcium, but also minerals and other vitamins, too.

Caltrate passed the ‘easy to digest test’, too. I always check calcium supplements to make sure they will be absorbed readily once digested.

...

• I put one calcium in a glass of water and check to see what has happened an hour later. Caltrate was almost fully dissolved within one hour.

There are some calcium supplements that do not dissolve at all, and it’s important to take only the highest grade calcium you can find. Caltrate is also good for muscle and joint pain, as calcium is a relaxant.

I find Caltrate

easy to swallow even though it’s a large vitamin. The coating does not leave an aftertaste, either.

I purchased Caltrate at my grocery store, and I had a coupon for $1 off. Caltrate is expensive, but I believe that my health is worth it.

I won’t ingest cheap vitamins just to save money. Caltrate keeps my bones strong and is much more affordable than being sick and weak.

Susan says :

I take caltrate 600mg daily ….could you tell me if Boron is in this supplement. I am a little low on Boron and need to take some so before I buy it I need to see if I am getting enough of it already … Thankyou Sue Heeley

John says :

Caltrate 600 does contain Boron. It also contains vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and copper manganese.

Galega says :

Following is the complete list of ingredients of Caltrate Calcium Supplement:

Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin. Contains 2% of: Blue 2 Lake, Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Red 40 Lake, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherols (To Preserve Freshness), Yellow 6 Lake.

As you can see in the list, Boron is not there. So, you can definitely take it.

Please remember that a pregnant or lactating woman should use it only after consulting the doctor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34201270580331/k2311a012/1.2.08