Last Samurai Movie  » Movies  »
  • The Last Samuria is truely a box office hit, no doubt about it

• by Jermaine McKenzie
      The Last Samuria is truely a box office hit, no doubt about it. When it comes down to onscreen action,

this film will leave you with goose-bumps, especially the scene where the ninjas attacked the village (guess you will have ...

• to watch it to find out exactly what happened). I had to get this movie on DVD and I’m sure
        you will too after watching it, if you have not done so already. Two thumbs all the way up for The Last Samurai.

Rebecca says :

I definitely want to see this movie and what will happen when the ninjas attack but I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. It was lacking slightly in description but you can easily overcome that. Good job

jack says :

suggest option to deal with the problems that exist in the movie

Donovan says :

I agree with your opinion %100 but your review was lacking a bit in description of the movie and its plot for people unlike you or I and haven’t seen it yet but may be interested.

aw says :

I saw this movie once and that was enough. I enjoyed the scenery and the culture, but the movie is not that exciting even though Tom Cruise was in it.

Violetta says :

Yeah we can tell you liked the film, but what exactly is the film about? What is the plot? Who are the co-stars? What year was it made? What did you like or dislike about the film? I don’t see how the information that you provided is helpful in convincing me to watch the film or not to watch the film..

Paul says :

It was released in 2003. Captain Nathan (Tom Cruise) is hired by the Americans to teach the Japanese soldiers how to use firearms. The Japanese are divided into two groups, one who wants to westernize and there are others who want to stick to their traditional Samurai ways no matter what. When the two groups go face to face with each other, Captain Nathan is captured by the Samurai because all the other men either died or ran off but Nathan was the only one fighting till his last breadth and got badly wounded. The leader of the Samurai group (Ken Watanabee) is very impressed by Nathan’s fighting spirit spares his life, he takes care of him. Nathan who used to care about money and got drunk all the time gets moved by these simple Samurai people and becomes a Samurai. He again faces the Japanese and this time he fights with great courage.
    Two things that I loved about this movie were Nathan’s courage and transformation and the other thing were the words that the Japanese Emperor said which literally made me cry.
    “My ancestors have ruled Japan for 2,000 years. And for all that time we have slept. During my sleep I have dreamed. I dreamed of a unified Japan. Of a country strong and independent and modern… And now we are awake. We have railroads and cannon, Western clothing. But we cannot forget who we are. Or where we come from.”
    — We cannot forget who we are or where we come from.
    It really is a beautiful movie.
    Peace

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11271226861131/k2311a1227/12.27.05