Chunky Vegetable Beef Stew
1.5
  • It was a bit too salty for my tastes but it was definitely edible
  • The problem I have with it is there really wasn't much substance to the stew

• by Steve

Typically, if I’m looking for a quick lunch, I can’t go wrong with Chunky Soup. But, after trying their Vegetable Beef Stew, I have to say I don’t intend on buying that variety again.

Flavor wise, it was OK. It was a

bit too salty for my tastes but it was definitely edible. And, there was enough in one can to make two bowls of soup; so I was able to get my fill. Or, at least you would have thought I would.

• Turns out I was hungry an hour later.

The problem I have with it is there really wasn’t much substance to the stew. The soup itself was very thin. And, while it had plenty of carrots and potatoes, there wasn’t much in

terms of beef. This is coming from a brand name that once advertised you could eat their soup with a fork.

I’ll probably still buy Chunky soup but you can bet I’ll stick to other varieties before I’ll try this one again

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27101268310331/k2311a011/1.1.08