A Christmas Carol
  • I've found his books to be a bit confusing to follow and, because of that, have enjoyed other authors more

• by Steve

Even though I have seen several movie versions, I have to confess I had never read the book A Christmas Carol before. Now that I finally sat down to do that (in actuality, I was reading it to my daughter), I have to say it is better than the

movies are.

I’m actually not a huge Charles Dickens fan. I’ve found his books to be a bit confusing to follow and, because of that, have enjoyed other authors more. But, I have to say this book is pretty good. He does a great job describing each of the ghosts ...

A Christmas Carol
Zoey Lance says :

Charles Dickens was honored as the great British novelist of the Victorian era, who took over the passionate love of the public for most of his novels, in which A Christmas Carol was one of the authors. The best known of his novel treasures. Succeeding from its first publication in 1843, the work comes at a time when the traditions of Christmas are waning. The story is about the enlightenment and transformation of the mentality of old Scrooge, a wealthy but stingy, selfish, ruthless businessman who spent his entire life solely on money and the accumulation of wealth. He recognized the true value and meaning of life after facing the three ghosts of Christmas in the past, present and future. The plot is simple, but the subject is suggestive, containing many messages and valuable lessons.
The main inspiration throughout the work was the causal relationship of injustice and poverty in the society of the time. Although covering the work is a reflection of the extreme life, the darkness of the miserable people in the text is a passionate desire for social reform so that it is brighter and more humane. . On every page, the reader senses somewhere deepened Charles Dickens love for human beings, human altruism.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17101268110331/k2311a011/1.1.08