KFC Beaver Dam WI  » Restaurants  »
2.0
Beaver Dam, WI
  • More and more, I'm beginning to think this movement toward providing healthier food is destroying the quality I've come to expect from my favorite fast food restaurants

• by Steve

More and more, I’m beginning to think this movement toward providing healthier food is destroying the quality I’ve come to expect from my favorite fast food restaurants.

Kentucky Fried Chicken here in Beaver Dam is a perfect example of this. Because they are more expensive than many

of the other restaurants in town, it has never been a place I spent a great deal of time dining at. But, it was always my first choice when I was looking for a special treat.

Lately though, the food just seems to lack quality. The flavor I’ve come to expect from their chicken is gone. And, the pieces I get in the meal have little to no meat on them. Sure, it’s healthier, but only because I don’t want to eat more than one or two pieces.

Even the sides aren’t very good ...

• KFC Beaver Dam WI
      any more. I got mashed potatoes and gravy and the gravy was cold by the time we got it home (I only live 5 minutes away). The gravy was also very thin and looked more like gray water than actual gravy.

The only thing worth eating there

any more is the potato wedges. But, they aren’t of any special quality either. I can get wedges like that at most of the local grocery stores for less money.

I’m sorry to say this is a restaurant I’ll probably be spending even less time at in the near future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7101268100331/k2311a011/1.1.08