Snow Globe  » Movies  »
  • Tonight, I got to watch a Christmas movie that I actually enjoyed
  • ABC Family's movie, Snow Globe, is a Christmas movie that is so original, it is one I would recommend to anyone
  • She receives a magical snow globe and is transported inside it to experience just that
  • Even though I hadn't heard of most of the actors in it, I definitely was impressed with how they pulled off what could have been a difficult plot

• by Steve

Normally, I dread watching Christmas movies. They rarely offer anything new and are so full of cliches, you can pretty much predict what will happen next.

Tonight, I got to watch a Christmas movie that I actually enjoyed.

ABC Family’s movie, Snow Globe, is a Christmas movie that is so original, it is one I would recommend to anyone. The movie features

a woman who is frustrated with her family at Christmas time and dreams of a perfect Christmas. She receives a magical snow globe and is transported inside it to experience just that.

At first, I didn’t know what to think. The idea of her spending Christmas in a snow globe was unique but didn’t seem like a plot that would carry ...

• the entire movie. But, when the people she meets inside the globe started coming out of it, it really made the movie entertaining. If nothing else, I knew it wasn’t going to end with some stupid “it was all a dream” ending.

The acting in this film was surprisingly good for a made-for-tv movie. Even though I hadn’t heard of most

of the actors in it, I definitely was impressed with how they pulled off what could have been a difficult plot. Everyone in my family enjoyed it, including my daughter. Considering we all have different opinions about what makes a great movie, that says a lot about this one.

On a scale from one to 10, I have to give this a 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113112267660431/k2311a1231/12.31.07