Ten Commandments  » Movies  »
  • What I personally noticed about the actors is that they have very good modulated voices

• by clowdine

This would sound funny but my husband and I have watched this movie so many times now that we both lost count and we are not closing the possibility of watching this movie in the future. It is also our practice watching this movie everytime we use our audio video equipment that we just bought.

In a way, it is also our tester or the first dvd to play since the movie is an epitome of movie aesthetics.

We are simply amazed how this movie from the 50’s seems undisputed through the years no matter how many movies have been produced, whether with religious or not.

Despite the fact that the technology ...

• nowadays is more likely to bring the movie’s cinematic and special effects at its best, “The Ten Commandments” does not seem threatened.

What I personally noticed about the actors is that they have very good modulated voices.

They project well each time they talk.

Their acting is more on theatrical than filmic.

I

noticed the same with actors Charlton Heston (Moses), Sir Cedric Hardwicke (Pharaoh Sethi), John Derek (Joshua), Yul Bryner (Rameses); same with actresses Debra Paget (Lilia), Nina Foch (Bithia), Anne Baxter (Nefretiri), and Yvonne Carlo (Sephora)among others.

Sadly, some cast members already passed away including the producer Cecile Demille.

I just hope more movies like this will be produced.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112912266341231/k2311a1229/12.29.07