Timex Expedition  » Watches  »
  • The one thing I was disappointed in was that the water resistant leather strap it comes with is very stiff
  • There are two rings to slide the band through to hold it in place and I think they were put on backwards

• by Brandon Freund

Purchased at Target for around $50 dollars in Sparks, Nevada, this watch is a great deal. It boasts all the strength of a more expensive watch, while keeping the price down with it’s simplicity. It’s comfortable, lightweight, and easy to wear.

I love the indiglo backlight feature. I was worried about switching from my heavy duty digital watch because I

didn’t want just glow in the dark hands on the clock. But with just a push of the Expedition’s one button, the entire watch face lights up. I’ve also banged it up a few times already and I am proud to say that it lives up to it’s shock and water resistant promises.

The one thing I was disappointed in was ...

• that the water resistant leather strap it comes with is very stiff. I had a hard time getting it through the clasp at first. It seems to have loosened up a bit since then though. There are two rings to slide the band through to hold it in place and I think they were put on backwards. The
        second loop, which I feel should be the tightest, is not, and always comes off sliding up the watchband. The first loop is relentlessly snug making it difficult to put the watch on until you’re able to loosen it.

Overall I like the watch. It is a very economical compromise between rugged design, good features, and professional appearance. Just my type of watch!

Timex Expedition

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 642412264440931/k2311a1224/12.24.07