Facial Tissue
1.5
  • I have sinus problems year-round, actually, but winter weather only makes the problem worse
  • I paid a little less than a buck for a 160-count box of unscented, two-ply tissue suitable for nose blowing and face wiping
  • I think that I'll use the rest of the box for wiping off my computer monitor - or for some other chore that doesn't involve touching these bits of sandpaper to my precious nose

• by Sarah81

Welcome to the cold, flu, sinus and allergy season. I have sinus problems year-round, actually, but winter weather only makes the problem worse. Even when I take over-the-counter medicine, the cold and the damp wreck my sinuses.

Cleanup duties are necessary. Lately, I’ve been blowing my nose at least two, three dozen times every day. That’s even after I dry out my sinuses as much as possible with the pills. Let’s just say that, where my nose is concerned, no amount of medicine is going to completely cure the problem until the weather becomes warm and dry.

Brand-name facial tissue is great, but I’m

on a tight budget. That’s why I picked up Wal-Mart’s store brand last week. I paid a little less than a buck for a 160-count box of unscented, two-ply tissue suitable for nose blowing and face wiping.

The aesthetics of the packaging don’t really matter. Great Value brand tissue, like its name-brand competition, comes in decorative boxes. You can get almost any color or pattern than you want. I don’t care. I’m not going to look at the box for long. I do, however, like the built-in tissue dispenser. This is basically a plastic flap, but without it I wouldn’t be able ...

• to grab just one tissue without using both hands.

The tissue itself is decent at best, though. Despite the fact that Great Value’s brand is two-ply, I often have “blow through” incidents. This is just gross. I want the stuff to go into the tissue, not all over my hands. Even when I fold the tissue in half before I blow - which, in theory, creates a four-ply sheet - I still have this problem.

Another big problem with this brand of facial tissue is the fact that my nose is now chapped, chafed and raw. I’ve been blowing my nose steadily for four

or five days now. I have one giant, red patch right under my nostrils because this tissue is not nearly as soft as Kleenex. This ticks me off because I saved only a few pennies by buying the Wal-Mart store brand. I should have just gone ahead and paid a little more for a better-quality product.

These tissues just aren’t worth the little bit of money that I saved on them. I think that I’ll use the rest of the box for wiping off my computer monitor - or for some other chore that doesn’t involve touching these bits of sandpaper to my precious nose.

Michelle says :

Are wet facial tissues good for the skin? do they leave any residue on the skin that might clog pores or is harmful for the skin?

Jennifer Davis says :

Wet facial tissues are usually fine and leave no debris in your pores. However, some of them can be quite strong and allergic reactions are common. Be sure to pay attention to your skin type while shopping otherwise you could end up with a nasty rash from the tissues.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342212262950431/k2311a1222/12.22.07