Post-It Notes
  • For the most part, I prefer the classic canary color
  • As far as I know, the adhesive does not wear out

• by Sarah81

I’ve used Post-It Notes for years. This adhesive notepad is a cheap, easy way for me to mark pages in my books, leave notes to myself on my bedroom door, and pass quick bits of information on to other people in the house.

For the most part, I prefer the classic canary color. Ball-point pen markings show up very well on this notepad. Both blue and black ink work equally well, but some other, more “stylish” colors - like dark purple - also show up without any problems.

When I can’t find a pen, a permanent marker (usually one of my Sharpies) works well on this paper. The marker won’t leak through the paper, which is good because I sometimes put the note on top of something

that I don’t want to ruin with marker.

The adhesive keeps the note exactly where I want it. I can put the notes on glass (my window) or Formica (my desktop). These notes will also adhere to book pages - without damaging anything. The fact that I can remove and re-use my Post-It Note bookmark dozens and dozens of times is also nice.

As far as I know, the adhesive does not wear out. I have never had problems with my Post-It Notes falling off the door or not sticking to some other surface. The only catch to this is the fact that the adhesive does not work very well on textured surfaces. When I need to leave a note on the refrigerator, which has a ...

• weird textured pattern, I use a magnet to hold the note in place.

There are many other types of Post-It Notes out there too. This is great because, if the classic yellow notepads don’t fit your needs, you will probably find something that you can use. The multi-colored notepads, for example, come in many, many colors. If you like bright colors, you can express yourself with those notepads. If you like more muted colors, there are packages of Post-It Notes out there for you.

You can also get notepads that have been cut into creative, fun shapes. This is great if you want your notes to stand out. If you work in an office, for example, then you can buy a novelty-cut package of notepads for

office use.

But if you’re trying to save a little bit of money, the canary-yellow Post-It Notes are cheapest. They work well, hold up to repeated use if you like to mark pages in your book, and look good. These little squares have worked their way into many homes, offices and schools - for good reason. When you need to leave a note or a reminder, it’s easiest to do it with one of these notepads.

Some people don’t like using any type of note paper because that is wasteful. The good news is that the Post-It company is now offering recycled notepads. You can now have the convenience of the note pad and the assurance that you’re having less of a negative impact on the environment.

Post-It Notes

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122212262940431/k2311a1222/12.22.07