Friskies  » Pets  »
0.5
  • There are times when I think that maybe my cats are getting really tired of eating the same dry food day after day
  • Since it has seven different flavors in this one bag, I thought maybe my cats would like a change from the ordinary
  • It took them three weeks to finally finish off the bag of Friskies Signature Blend that I bought

• by suthernsmooth

There are times when I think that maybe my cats are getting really tired of eating the same dry food day after day. When I get this feeling, I take a look at my local store to see what new kitty food concoctions the pet food industry has come up with lately.

This time I came across the Friskies Signature Blend by Purina. This is one of the four new types of dry food that Purina has come out with recently. Since it has seven different flavors in this one bag, I thought maybe my cats would like a change from the ordinary. Instead of just chicken and tuna flavored dry food, they would be getting chicken, tuna, beef, turkey, salmon, egg, and cheese flavors. It was

worth a shot.

I should have guessed that something was wrong as soon as I got home with my purchase. You see, in this house there is a police-cat on duty twenty-four hours a day. Loki is an orange, long-haired, well, fuzz ball. Whenever anything new, and I mean anything, comes into the house he has to inspect it carefully. Normally when I get home from grocery shopping the heavy bags will go in the floor until I can get them sorted. This means that for a few minutes, the bag of dry cat food will be getting a good going-over by Loki. When the cat food meets with his approval, I will hear a ripping sound. This time, there was no rip.

Maybe once I had it ...

• out of the bag and into their dry food bowls, they’d be better able to tell if they really liked it or not? I didn’t know, but honestly it didn’t look good. Loki wasn’t even pretending to be sleeping on the bag of cat food when I went into the kitchen, which is his way of keeping the other cats out of the bag until it gets poured. What did I have to lose? I might as well go ahead and put it out for all of them to try. Maybe Loki was just having an off night? Maybe he was tired from playing in the Christmas tree all night? Yeah, that had to be it.

Well, long story short, they didn’t like it. None of them.

I have another cat named Spike who will eat anything and he didn’t even like it. Normally they will go through a six pound bag of dry cat food in about a week and a half. It took them three weeks to finally finish off the bag of Friskies Signature Blend that I bought. I honestly don’t know why they didn’t like it. It could be anything from the texture of the food to the taste; they aren’t talking. And as long as they won’t tell me then I guess I won’t be buying this for them anymore. I went back to their original brand on the last trip to the store. The bag was ripped into and getting ‘pretend’ slept on as soon as I set it down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292112262250331/k2311a1221/12.21.07