L’Oreal Superior Preference Hair Color  » Cosmetics  »
  • So I decided it was time to start doing something about them
  • The very first thing that I noticed about it was the scent

• by suthernsmooth

Okay, so I’ve found myself the not-so-proud owner of a few gray hairs over the course of this year. Once I saw them, I realized that they would only start getting more numerous. So I decided it was time to start doing something about them. I have tried several different brands of hair color, and the L’Oreal Superior Preference brand has them all beat.

The very first thing that I noticed about it was the scent. With some brands of hair color, the ammonia odor is so strong that your eyes will immediately begin to water. But with the L’Oreal, it was quite tolerable.

Whenever I would color my hair before, the smell would run my overly curious cat out of the room. It was nice to actually have him not disown me because I, or at least my hair, didn’t smell the greatest.

As soon as I had it all in my hair and set the timer, I began to mentally prepare myself for the next twenty minutes. If you’ve ever tried different brands of hair color then you can probably guess what I was bracing myself for. That’s right, I was waiting for the burning to start. And it’s usually at that time that I start ...

• questioning the ‘why’ of what I’m doing. Once you realize that you’ve just voluntarily put chemicals onto your hair, the hair color starts to burn your scalp, and no amount of dancing around the bathroom is going to bring relief. I needn’t have worried. There was no burning sensation or any discomfort with the L’Oreal Superior Preference.

Since I have very long hair, another thing that I always worry about is running out of hair color before I get all of it covered. With the L’Oreal, there was more than enough to do all of my hair. And the L’Oreal Superior Preference comes

with a large tube of that wonderfully silky-feeling after-color conditioner. Other hair colors will include a small packet of conditioner for one-time use, but the L’Oreal conditioner is enough to get you through at least the first six shampoos after you color.

With all the trial and error this year with the different brands of hair color, I’m certain that I’ve found my brand. I will continue to use L’Oreal Superior Preference. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather not use it at all. But sometimes you need a little assistance to keep yourself looking and feeling good, and I’m glad that I’ve found this product.

nancy says :

I have been using L`OR AL Superior Preference 6 1 2G Warmer haircolor. This color is nice but there is just a hint of a reddish tone I wish I didn`t have. Now I would like to try a lighter color maybe blonde 8? but am worried about getting orange hair or another poor result because of changing colors. Can you help? I am 54, with only a few stray gray hairs. Grew up with very blonde hair, which gradually became sort of a mousy dark blonde brown. I last colored 4 1 2 weeks ago. Thanks. nancy

Galega says :

You should always expect the intended colour. There isn’t any problem here. However, you need to be alert as the basic chemicals of both products are same. Ensure to first go through skin allergy test or patch test before applying on entire scalp/hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312112262240331/k2311a1221/12.21.07