Mr. Clean Wipes  » Housewares  »
  • Usually with a multi-surface wipe, glass is no problem
  • The best thing is that when you are cleaning the surfaces, you�re also disinfecting them

• by suthernsmooth

With all of the holiday rush going on right now, I was looking for something to help make my time spent cleaning more effective. What I was wanting was something that I could use for all the surfaces in my house, something that I could just toss into the trash when I was finished, and something that was relatively inexpensive. What I found was the Mr. Clean Power Multi-Surface Disinfecting Wipes.

I purchased the larger container, which has 62 pre-moistened wipes in it. At around $4.00 USD, it was the better buy. The first feature that I liked about this product is that the container is almost an oval-shape. That makes it easier to pick up and hold with one hand. If you�ve ever had both hands busy cleaning you always wish you had ten more, but the easy grip container helps out a lot.

When

you get ready to use them the first time, you have to thread the first wipe through the dispenser top. It�s a bit complicated trying to find the first one, but once it�s been threaded through, the rest of the time they are easier to use. All you have to do is pop open the top and give the next one a slight tug and it comes out. But first you have to pop open the top; which can be difficult.

I understand that the lid has to lock securely in order to keep the rest of the wipes from drying out, but I feel for those who have these wipes and arthritis. The lid has a small tab on it that you have to pull up on, but it�s so small that it�s very hard to pull unless you want to risk chipping a ...

• nail or hurting your finger. The easiest way that I�ve found to open the container is to hold the tab up against the corner of my counter and pull down. That way I get it open without injuring myself.

Aside from the not-so-easy to open container, the wipes work wonderfully. Or I should say that they work wonderfully on everything except glass. Usually with a multi-surface wipe, glass is no problem. Don�t get me wrong, they clean glass really well, however, they do leave streaks behind. If you want a no-streak look, make sure that when the glass is still wet that you wipe it down with a paper towel. If you let the glass air-dry, you will have to redo the entire surface again.

As far as all the other surfaces, these wipes work marvelously on them. From the stainless steel kitchen surfaces to

the ceramic in the bathrooms, everything just gleams. The only surfaces that the package recommends you not use them on is unpainted wood, natural marble, and brass. Everything else not of those categories will benefit greatly from these wipes. The best thing is that when you are cleaning the surfaces, you�re also disinfecting them.

Once I get the container open, which I�ve figured out how to do without bodily injury, all I have to do is grasp the next wipe and pluck it out. When it�s in my hand, I can clean a multitude of surfaces with just one wipe. They are very durable, and moistened just enough to do a lot of cleaning per wipe. As far as the wipes go, I�ll keep using them. I just wish that they would �tweak� the packaging a bit to make getting to the wipes easier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532112262220331/k2311a1221/12.21.07