General Electric Brand Microwave
  • The night before it had worked, but by the next day it wouldn't even issue so much as a beep when they pushed its buttons (and trust me, that is something they are really good at)
  • And I love it because it makes them happy, makes their life a bit easier, and it was very affordable

• by suthernsmooth

Recently my oldest daughter and her husband found themselves the owners of a broken microwave. They’re not sure exactly what happened. The night before it had worked, but by the next day it wouldn’t even issue so much as a beep when they pushed its buttons (and trust me, that is something they are really good at). Since both of them work the night shift, their thoughts quickly shifted from ‘Poor old microwave’ to ‘How are we supposed to make quick meals now?’ Then they called mom.

When they got here my daughter and I went to our local Wal-Mart to see what they had in stock as far as microwaves go. She wanted bells and whistles, I wanted a good price. While looking through the different ones, I spotted a small white General

Electric for fifty bucks (USD). After reading the box I asked my daughter what was their one requirement for a new microwave. She said that as long as it had the carousel, it would do. Ah ha! The little GE microwave had that.

The General Electric microwave was quickly put into the cart. Okay, maybe not so quickly, it’s a bit heavy to be so small, but into the cart it went. Everything that was written on the box helped to make up her mind. It has one-touch cooking, the carousel, and a clock on the front. The clock thing kind of threw me- why did she get so excited over a clock? But then she told me that she didn’t have a clock anywhere in her kitchen, so I didn’t worry about her ...

• sanity too much once she explained why she was doing her happy dance in the aisle at Wal-Mart. Hugs were passed out. ‘Thanks mom! And tell daddy we said Thank you to him too!’ Then they took their new treasure to the house.

I was talking to her on the phone just the other day and asked her how they liked the microwave. ‘It’s perfect!’, she said. ‘The one-touch cooking buttons really help. And it’s really quiet when it’s cooking. And when it’s done, the ding isn’t so loud that it scares me!’ So I asked if there was anything they didn’t like about it. ‘Oh. Um. Nothing, it’s perfect!’ After I made sure that she had filled out and sent in the product registration and warranty cards, we got off the phone.

And

that’s why I’m writing this review. The microwave is a General Electric. It is 1.1 cubic foot inside. Yes it’s small, but it has 1100 watts of power. It has one-touch cooking buttons. That means that there are buttons on the front for things like popcorn, drinks, potatoes, and the like. You don’t have to push any other buttons if you are cooking those, just pop it in and push the one button. The cooking times are pre-set. It has a carousel for even cooking, a clock (for those who love doing the happy dance), runs quiet, and the ding isn’t loud at all. My daughter and son-in-law absolutely love their new microwave. And I love it because it makes them happy, makes their life a bit easier, and it was very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162112262210331/k2311a1221/12.21.07