Lock deicer  » Housewares  »
  • Our winters here in Nova Scotia can be extremely harsh, and both car locks and house locks tend to freeze, this year I am prepared as I bought Kleen flo lock de-icer to carry around in my purse with me
  • I know this winter I won't get locked out again

• by Melissa Glenn

Our winters here in Nova Scotia can be extremely harsh, and both car locks and house locks tend to freeze, this year I am prepared as I bought Kleen flo lock de-icer to carry around in my purse with me.

Kleen flo comes in a neatly packaged 16gram aerosol tube. While

I would personally prefer a non-aerosol container, there is not much choice when it comes to lock de-icer’s! When my front door lock or my car door lock is so frozen that I can’t insert my key, I simply take the cap off Kleen-flo and spray a small amount into ...

• and around the clock.

This product works almost instantly. Rarely do I have to re-spray although often I do have to wait about two minutes after spraying before I try to re-insert my key. If I try to unlock two quickly it just won’t work.

Kleen flo does smell terrible and it

is a flammable product. It is always a good idea to replace the cap securely and carry a cloth around with you like I do, to wipe up any residue. This product retails for about $3.99CDN at most hardware stores. I know this winter I won’t get locked out again!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532012261970331/k2311a1220/12.20.07